Business Information Architect
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
- Leads the performance of regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies expert knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain.
- Maintains the information capability repository with these identified needs
- Leads efforts in defining the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, policies and Statements of Direction for information strategy and information architecture.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results.
- Partners with the Business Information Architects and other technical and business architects to enable the development of the USAA Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
- Provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Partners with key stakeholders to build the business cases required to secure approval and funding for the Data and Analytical efforts needed to support the Information Capability Roadmap.
- Advises and makes recommendations to senior management
- Leads the development and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from information capabilities to technical assets (operational + analytical).
- Leads the development and maintenance of an integrated logical data model to understand data and its inter-dependencies regardless of its usage pattern.
- Provides consultation and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Sets the direction regarding the appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- If Bachelor's degree, 8+ years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight and 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR
- If Master's degree, 6+ years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight and 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR
- If PhD, 5+ years experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight and 3+ years of direct and/or indirect management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field. (Four years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired.) OR
- A Master’s Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field OR
- A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in Contact Center tools and technologies
- Experience in Digital Channel tools and technologies (tagging, Site Catalyst, Tealeaf)
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools
- Experience in Document Management domain
- Experience designing and managing product delivery measurement frameworks
- Thought leadership across matrix / multi-discipline teams
- Experience with data management tools (meta-data management, data profiling, ETL)
- Familiarity with Enterprise reporting and statistical tools (i.e. Business Objects, Cognos, SAS, SPSS)
- Expert in the practices of information architecture and information strategy
- Proven ability to translate business capability into information capability
- Proven ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Ability to understand how information capabilities and domains enable business strategy
- Proven ability to flex communication to technical and non-technical audiences, at different levels (senior management to IT developers)
- Proven ability to articulate complex business and information/data concepts for general consumption
- Expert in developing information roadmaps, and align information needs to business capabilities and business processes
- Proven ability to influence project teams and senior decision makers on the direction of information strategy/information architecture
- Proven ability to anticipate opportunities and potential solutions, and leads team through the problem resolution process.
- Proven ability to develop deep insights that consistently influence and drive action with the most senior Business Executives by using factbased, holistic and forward-looking perspectives.
Job Number: R0010486