The Director for Single Use Solutions is responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities for single use as well as liaise with VWR sales organizations to identify new business opportunities that align with the business strategies to meet sales performance goals.
We prefer candidates to reside in the Morrisville/RTP area. Those within commuting distance to Devon MA will also be considered.
- Manage and lead the business development team for the US Bioprocessing sites.
- Develop a long term single use solutions business development strategic plan with direction for short termfocused activities in order to attain financial growth.
- Manage a sales pipeline and develop and deliver proposals to customers by illustrating VWR’s value proposition as a single use manufacturer and supplier.
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the single use solutions VWR can offer their business.
- Partner with sales management team in driving the single use portfolio and implementing sales strategies toachieve sales growth.
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure satisfaction and loyalty.
- Build and refine relationships with VWR and PBI sales organizations
- Identify and push the development or refinement of new custom manufacturing opportunities.
- Work closely with management and technical teams on new product development, current product enhancement, product rationalization and manufacturing profitability.
- Visit with and facilitate C-Suite level presentations to end customers
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to recognize need for change and employ appropriate strategies to facilitate change
- Ability to be flexible in fast-changing environment and to work well under pressure
- Self motivated team player and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with all levels of organization
- Strong demonstration of collaboration across all functions and levels within organization
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/applicable experience; graduate degree a plus
- Experience assuming ownership for significant product responsibilities and engineering design
- Experience in high level negotiation with customers
- Minimum 10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing or supplying technical products to thesame; 5 years leadership experience
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office or manufacturing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.