Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Number: 297476
Location: San Ramon, CA
Desired Skill Set:
SQL, Oracle, Management
**C2C and STEM-OPT are not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: IT-Business Analysis III
Duration: 12 Months
Location: San Ramon, CA
Zip Code: 94582
Technical Business Analyst Position
As a member of Client IT team, you'll be providing technical and business analysis support for the web applications that manages Client desktop and server environment on a global scale. You will work with IT customers, design teams, and offshore support and development teams to design and implement business processes and solutions that assist in hardware, software, and service life cycle management. The position requires a strong technical background in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, as well as solid business and data analysis experience. Familiarity with web development and knowledge of the MS Windows architecture will be helpful.
This person will need to be a quick learner and a self starter who is willing to jump in and start learning about the applications on their own after a short training period.
• Provide operational support for hardware and software asset management applications. Perform data extracts from Oracle databases for analysis and reporting purposes.
• Develop standard and custom reports for customer analysis and metrics.
• Work with IT Design teams to design and enhance existing IT solutions for managing our infrastructure and IT services. Act as a liaison between stakeholders and the development team.
• Create business and functional specifications. Review development team's technical specifications. Develop test plans and scripts as well as coordinating customer testing with the global community.
• Strong data analysis skills; 3-5 years of experience with writing complex SQL queries in Oracle to retrieve data for analysis, data migration, troubleshooting, and reporting purposes. Candidate should have extensive Oracle experience with queries joining 9 or more tables and working with tables containing millions of rows. Familiarity with analytical functions and subqueries is a must. Candidate should know how to use Explain Plan or other tools in tuning queries.
• Experience providing day-to-day operational support for .Net web applications.
• Experience working with customers and developers to troubleshoot applications. Ability to review code to identify issues and to troubleshoot batch failures is a plus.
• 2-3 years' experience with writing business requirements, process flows, functional and technical specifications, test scripts, and end user documentation.
• Proactive, positive attitude team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Enjoys multi-tasking and working as a liaison between various cross-functional teams and the IT organization.
• Strong written and oral skills.
• Strong customer-centric orientation. Builds and maintains good relationships with customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is preferred or equivalent experience.
• Knowledgeable on the Application Development Lifecycle.
• Business Analysis training or equivalent experience.
-PLUS: Application development experience-specifically web-development, VB.Net
-PLUS: Oracle PL/SQL skills
-PLUS: Client or Enterprise Experience
-PLUS: Working with off-shore team, development team is off-shore
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)