We are looking for Business Analyst for our client in St Paul, MN
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: St Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- A Business Analyst has a lead role and works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for complex changes to business processes, finances, policies and information systems.
- The Business Analyst understands complex business problems and opportunities in a larger context of the enterprise requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals and manage risk.
- A Business Analyst may also be required to facilitate group sessions associated with the Analyst activities.
- Requirements planning and management, including o identifying requirements activities and determining approach: estimating, managing scope, understanding team roles, measuring and reporting progress, managing changes
- Requirements elicitation, including any or all of the following techniques: document analysis, brainstorming, focus groups, interface analysis, interviews, observation, prototyping, requirements workshops, reverse engineering, and surveys and/or questionnaires
- Requirements analysis and documentation, including: analyzing user requirements, functional requirements, quality of service requirements, creating process/flow charts, data and behavior models, and use cases, determining assumptions, constraints and requirements attributes, tracking issues and risks and managing conflicting requirements
- Requirements communication, including presentations, reviews, and sign-offs
- Solution assessment and validation: developing alternative solutions, evaluating technology options, ensuring the usability of the solutions, validating and verifying requirements, supporting the quality assurance process, supporting the implementation of the solution, communicating solution impacts, post implementation review and assessment
- The Business Analyst will work with a project team comprised of various members from Information & Property Records (I&PR) Administration, Property Tax, Records & Elections Services; County Assessor, Information Services and other departments.
- The Business Analyst will be expected to work with and engage the third party vendor(s) who are providing the software and implementation services.
- The project teams are comprised of dedicated core team members including sponsors, project managers, functional leads, technical resources and department subject matter experts.
Mandatory Qualifications (A)
- B.S. or B.A. degree (4 year)
- 5 years’ experience in a business analyst role
- 2 previous engagements on technology deployments impacting 1,+ employees in a large organization with multiple locations
Mandatory Qualifications (B)
- CBAP Certificate
- Previous experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous experienceworking directly with senior business leaders
- Previous experience on IT-related initiatives identifying process, procedure, policy, people, technology, and culture-related changes
- Previous experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Previous experience with property tax or property records software implementation