Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Number: 299505
Location: Columbia, SC
Desired Skill Set:
Accounting, Integration Experience, PMP, Project Management
**C2C and STEM-OPT are not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Position: Business Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Columbia, SC 29201
Client is the State Medicaid Agency for South Carolina. This project is focused on the replacement of the client . The project is a major undertaking for client and requires major transformation of culture, processes and technology. This project also supports the Department's transition from primarily a fee-for-service payor of claims towards a program and policy driver for health outcomes primarily through managed care programs.
The Replacement MMIS project is a multi-year effort to replace the State's aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
The goal of the RMMIS program will be incremental and modular in nature with a focus on configurable and scalable integrations, which allow for more flexibility and reduces time and cost necessary to respond to federal and state enhancements.
A key strategy of the project is to remove Medicaid-specific requirements in order to allow for easier customization, increased vendor competition, and reduced cost. client intends to retain control over policy, business rules, and reference data. client retains control over an Operational Data Store (ODS) and all EDI components.
The major sub-project components of the Replacement MMIS Program are:
• Provider Management
• Accounting and Finance
• Commercial Administrative Services Organization (ASO) for FFS Claims
Supporting the projects are:
• Technical Integration
• Project Management Integration
• Commercial Integration
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Replacement MMIS Business Integration Lead will work with the Project Director and the Lead Project Manager and will support the Project Management team to ensure the commercial principles, business goals and values of the project are met.
• Perform business process analysis and performance assessments for the assigned projects
• Train and mentor team members in delivering high quality business solutions that meet the overall strategy and vision
• Build positive relationships with clients and proactively address specific needs
• Lead business design sessions within assigned modules and work streams
• Advocate and lead business integration in support of the RMMIS ASO project
• Provide backup role to the ASO product owner
• Drive, though dynamic discussion, efficient configuration of data within the core modules of RMMIS projects
• Provide liaison role between business and IT verticals
• Ensure project deliverables for each project connect to the operational principles
• Coordinate priorities and resources between multiple projects.
• Provide updates on status and issues for all assignments
• Participate in scheduled operational meetings and routine team leads meetings
• Lead cross-functional meetings and produce business designs that integrate functionality across modules
• Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
• Provide recommendations of appropriate resources if necessary to ensure assignments are completed within given time and budget• Create and maintain key performance indicators to indicate project progress toward business integration goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• At least ten years of experience in commercial healthcare.
• Experience with inner workings of cross functional projects
• Familiarity with Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) business architecture principles.
• Familiarity with standard data structures, electronic data interchange, processes and related file formats.
• Knowledge of Federal Certification requirements and processes is preferable.
• Interest, skill and ability to innovate including business processes, methods/procedures, and technology.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate, in both oral and written, with all levels of the Agency from frontline workers to Executive Staff as well as the Contractor(s).
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Large business and technology integration
• Commercial integrations with Medicaid or other Government operations
• Project management
• Public Sector Government Experience
• At least five years' experience in State Medicaid payer system integration and delivery
• Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Bachelor of Science Degree Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
• Medicaid Management Informaiton System
• Experience with the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) principles and framework Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Medicaid Management Informaiton System Commercial healthcare Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Medicaid Management Informaiton System Knowledge of Federal Certification requirements and processes Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• Project Management experience No 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
• The manager definitely wants to see healthcare background and a candidate with Medicaid would stick out. If the candidate does not have 10 years of commercial healthcare experience, the candidate will be rejected.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)