Do you have a passion for data and unlocking insights to create value through informed decision making? Do you have a strong drive to teach others and an eagerness to learn? Do you feel rewarded by building credibility and trust through delivering against objectives all while being part of a dynamic and growing team?
As a BI Developer/Analyst on Weyerhaeuser’s Timberlands Business Intelligence team you’ll play a critical role in our efforts to build and support a multi-year, system integration program known as the Connected Forest.
Your mission will be to help promote and nurture a data driven culture. You will be responsible for evangelizing and driving usage of existing resources while gathering requirements for designing, developing, deploying and supporting new reports and dashboards to meet the needs of the business.
To succeed, one must excel at turning business problems into information based solutions, great at understanding data analysis and have great visual design sense.
Of equal importance is the ability to work with stakeholders to understand their business information needs, gather requirements, design, and build best-in-class BI and reporting solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop deep knowledge of Timberlands business processes, and the information systems that support those processes.
- Manage small-medium sized projects and serve as the lead analyst. Translate business requirements into documented functional and technical specifications and serve as translator between functional and technical experts.
- Identify creative information technology opportunities to add value to the business line.
- Train, develop, coach, and mentor functional users to continuously improve their technology skills and the value received from technology tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, relevant Business Intelligence experiencerequired or equivalent experience with analytical tools managed in a business analyst function.
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with creating complex data models, reports and dashboards in Microsoft’s Power BI.
- Solid experience in business process analysis and design, project management, and customer relationship management preferred. Experience in leading technical trainings for business users highly desired.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices
- Master Data Management implementation experience (SAP Netweaver program a plus)
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS cloud environments a plus
- Familiarity with iPaaS tools such as Del Boomi a plus
- Experience with SQL development tools also a plus
- Prior managerial experience a plus
- 25% travel to visit business locations primarily within the U.S. with some trips to Canada is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical owners
- Ability to support a collaborative atmosphere by actively soliciting input from others and promote an environment where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas and where the opinions of others are respected
- Ability to build productive working relationships with team members and customers, while effectively sorting through the pieces of complicated problems and separating key issues allowing the team to focus on the important tasks
- Experience conducting business process analysis and end user operational support.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Facilitate and manage knowledge sharing.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, engage with subject matter experts, and develop opportunities to build adoption of existing and new BI reporting tools.
Location: While this position is targeted for our Seattle Headquarters qualified applicants in the following strategic locations will also be considered:
- Madison or Atlanta, GA
- Hot Springs, AR
- Columbia Falls, MT