Spark is looking for an Account Manager to support our growing business in our San Francisco Office! The Account Manager assumes leadership for most of his/her client accounts, delivers solid results and manages budgets and resources to profitability. Additionally, the Account Manager will oversee account teams and supervise at least one direct report.
- Provide organizational leadership across accounts by managing resources, budgets, and running programs that deliver results
- Perform insightful market assessments, develop communications and PR strategies, structure and grow budgets, and write thoughtful, organized PR plans
- Interact with all levels of client contacts from day-to-day marketing contacts to the CEO
- Manage junior staff on a project basis and provide day-to-day mentoring, as well as long-term professional development
- Track team resources and budgeting for specific accounts
- Help identify and lead new business opportunities and participate in developing proposals and learn how to lead pitches from start to finish
- 4-5 years of professional experience in public relations or communications-related field
- Solid media relationships and a proven track record of great media results
- Strong planning and project management skills – we need someone who can run accounts with little hand holding
- Creative and a self-starter
- Strong writing skills – able to develop great pitches, press releases, PR plans, etc., and be able to deliver client ready material
- Experienceleading teams and supervising direct reports is a plus.