The Account Manager is responsible for sales of PolyOne Distribution resin solutions. Duties include forecasting and achieving annual objectives for sales, margins and volume growth. Position is focused on securing business from prospective and current accounts in an effort to meet sales objectives. Minimal training and oversight is required; works autonomously on a day- to-day basis.
Up to 50% travel is required. Plastics industry and 5-7 years prior outside salesexperiencepreferred. The ideal candidate will be located in or between Lansing, MI and Gaylord, MI and will cover a territory in western Michigan from Grand Rapids, MI to the upper peninsula of Michigan.
• Profitable revenue growth, including robust new business development.
• Achieve stated gross margin targets as a percentage of sales.
• Approach the sales process with a high degree of professionalism and effectiveness by successful utilization of customer centric selling skills and tools, such as use of scorecards, business reviews, EVE tools, high/wide/deep, 5 warning signs, prospecting & new account calls, and development of a robust sales funnel, collecting ARs, avoidance of bad debts, cross selling and effective CRM system management.
• Establish, track and close new business targets consistent with long- term growth objectives.
• Implement marketing programs and provide feedback on resource needs and emerging opportunities.
• Establish account development plans and network resources up, down and across both the customer’s organization and PolyOne.
• Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
• Prospecting and cold calling.
• As an individual and sales team member, contributes to the company's planning of both long- and short-term business objectives. This will include periodic and annual sales forecasts, as well as the setting of sales volume goals.
• Deliver the planned results (AOP).
• Exercises discretion and judgment with respect to specific selling activities. These include, but are not limited to, solutions including appropriate product grades to be offered for specific applications and markets; appropriate use of standard product grades versus a custom compounded product and; competitive pricing of products.
• Work both directly and cooperatively with channel partners to close business based on customer's purchasing requirements.
• Maintains current accounts as well as develops new accounts.
This includes independent assessment of a customer's needs and the presence of competitive pressures.
• May be required to serve as a primary company representative at trade shows, conferences and in other promotional settings.
• Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required.
• Works to establish selling strategy/tactics; obtains orders and establishes new accounts; plans and organizes daily work; calls on existing and prospective clients; analyzes customer requirements and objectives to recommend PolyOne product solutions.
• Keeps Sales Manager informed of progress through regular activity reports/communications.
• Adds customer value by acting as a business consultant to customers’ key management; develops a thorough understanding of customers’ business, overall strategy and operational issues; advises customer on best PolyOne product(s) to accomplish their objectives; recommends customer pricing, custom solutions, and/or special considerations.
• Implement marketing programs and provide feedback on resource needs and emerging opportunities; recommends to Marketing changes in PolyOne product/service mix by evaluating product results and competitive developments; market development activities to include performing analysis of customer plans and creating forecasts for sales results, executing and managing sales plans, sales budgets and expense budgets.
• Works with Technical and Customer Service team(s) to ensure customer requirements and satisfaction are met.
• Delivers the planned results (AOP) *LI-CB1
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years salesexperience