This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow profitable revenue within the Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas region.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing profitable growth. Primary focus will be development of potential target customers based on a specialization platform. Includes forecasting annual objectives for sales, margins and volume growth. Expectations include the ability to sell at all levels of management and build relationships that ensure PolyOne will continue to get the first and last look. Individual must have the ability to assist customers in problem solving to deliver solutions, bring energy, enthusiasm and professionalism to their daily routines. This role requires the individual to perform the function independently with little to no direction and oversight, and effectively interact and influence at the managerial peer level. Up to 75% travel is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of the Sales Function is to deliver:
* Profitable revenue growth, including robust new business development.
* Achieve stated gross margin targets as a percentage of sales.
* Approach the sales process with a high degree of professionalism and effectiveness by successful utilization of customer centric selling skills and tools, such as use of scorecards, business reviews, EVE tools, high/wide/deep, 5 warning signs, prospecting & new account calls, development of a robust sales funnel, collecting ARs, avoidance of bad debts, cross selling, and effective CRM system management.
* Establish, track, and close new business targets consistent with short- and long-term objectives at designated accounts within the territory.
* Develop contact matrix and establish strong relationships with key decision makers and project facilitators.
* Prospecting and cold calling.
* Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
* Establish account development plans and network resources up, down and across both the customer’s organization and PolyOne.
* Deliver the planned results (AOP).
* Develop account relationships, identify opportunities and capture service opportunities at strategic accounts within assigned geography or industry.
* Understand key players, applications, requirements, trends, and needs as well as PolyOne’s potential and share within the targeted industry. Become an industry and product expert to leverage successes across the industry.
* Coordinate closely with regional sales teams as well as collaborating with the technical area as necessary to accelerate and drive profitable growth through solutions selling to targeted accounts.
* Establish a linkage between the customer’s business strategy and PolyOne’s capabilities.
* Monitor the competition to better understand issues and threats and develop plans to eliminate barriers. * Implement PolyOne’s, pricing and market strategies as well as business practices. Negotiate customer contracts and value packages to insure an acceptable return on PolyOne resources invested.
* Participate in strategy development, help position the business and develop the offer. Assist in defining the target markets, and commercial strategy.
* Develop written Account Plans for top three strategic accounts including metrics to define annualized sales potential at each account.
* Manage strategic relationships, cultivate new alliances, and monitor competitive activity.
* Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required. *LI-CB1
In addition to the PolyOne Competencies required for all jobs, the following qualifications are required for this job:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-7 years sales experience
• Complex thinking skills in translating customer needs into solutions.
• Technical aptitude.
• Professional presence, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Broad knowledge of solutions, materials and processing.
• Team player.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Minimal training and oversight required.
• Works autonomously on a day-to-day basis.
• Up to 75% travel is required.
• Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Word & Excel preferred; SAPexperiencepreferred.