The Account Manager sells solutions-oriented services in a specific geographic assignment. Meets and exceeds revenue and gross profit quotas.
• Ability to establish relationships, present sales proposals and build client accounts.
• Understands AmeriGas business and is an expert on products and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary job function is to increase revenue from new and existing customers.
1. Establishes relationships with prospective customers through the use of various prospecting techniques.
2. Develops a business plan for specific geographic
3. Builds connections and interfaces with decision-makers in potential client organizations to lead them to the AmeriGas solution.
4. Makes the personal time commitment to build the client relationship both during normal work hours and special events.
5. Protects AmeriGas from competitive threats by conducting base account reviews.
6. Prepares and presents sales proposals to current and prospective customers.
• An “expert” on products and solutions and is current on regulatory changes.
7. Works with Sales Manager and vendors to learn solutions and sales techniques.
8. Maintains working knowledge of applications.
9. Attends periodic meetings and training classes as required.
10. Prepares various internal paperwork (i.e., sales orders, activity reports, etc.)
11. Must comply with all company policies.
• Secondary Duties
12. As needed and determined by each location.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must have all sales skills needed to retain customers and expand business.
• Must understand the propane business to effectively sell its products and services.
Previous Experience Required:
• 5+ years in a sales position with all sales competencies needed to establish and grow our customer base.
• Responsible for establishing new customer accounts and management of assigned accounts, through recommendations to sales and operations management, needs approval on pricing and account changes.
• As Account Manager for new and existing customers, has significant impact on growth and retention for our business.
FLSA Status: Exempt
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.