Account Executive - Mortgage Wholesale and Mini - Corr
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
If you were one of the Three Little Pigs, would you build your house out of straw, wood, or bricks?
MB Financial is looking for brick layers. We’re all about creating a sustainable business model and surrounding ourselves with exceptional team members dedicated to each other’s success both now and long-term.
“But how do you do it?” you ask :). Instead of working 40+ hours per week in a boring and unrewarding environment, MB does the opposite. Our team members enjoy a culture that sets attainable goals for performance and encourages them to share ideas with others. They love how connected they feel to the business and their community. And as you’ve gathered from reading this ad, we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
If you’re interested in a company that will surround you with exceptional people who are focused on personal and professional growth, we are interested in speaking with you. Apply now to lay your first brick!
Responsible for sourcing, on-boarding, training and managing wholesale and mini-corr clients. The majority of the work is conducted away from and outside of MB offices.
This is a sales level role that works under moderate guidance and has no formal leadership responsibility for a team at this time.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Builds quality customer relationships. Sources and maintains highly active wholesale accounts within residential geographical area. Trains accounts on all aspects of doing business with MB Financial’s mortgage division. Creates a regular schedule of account visits and communication to continually reinforce the company’s differentiators and leverage them for quality volume.
2. Works in concert with operations partners. Gains a complete understanding of the file flow process. Knows the people and roles involved in each step and establishes rapport with them. Continually updates operations partners with the wants and needs of customers in the evolving marketplace.
3. Manages the business pipelines. Maintains continuous knowledge of files in process and overall volume standing. Communicates as needed to brokers and affiliates. Consistently prospects for new accounts and new business within current accounts.
4. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
5. Promotes our culture by living-out the cultural pillars (People, Integrity, Partnership, Teamwork, and Fun) on a daily basis.
6. Performs additional responsibilities as needed
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of experience in the mortgage and banking industries, including some knowledge of wholesale sales. Requires market knowledge and relationships with loan originators in their respective territories.
• Demonstrated ability to work within established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
Working Conditions and Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
MB Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.