Waste Connections of Colorado, Inc. is looking to hire a Waste Industry experienced Maintenance Manager at the Denver, CO shops. This would include 3 separate shops of 150 pieces of equipment and 25 employees.
- Ensures a culture of safety.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Ensure adequate training of mechanic, preventative maintenance mechanics and all other shop personnel.
- Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems.
- Be able to performs repairs and maintenance on front-end loader, rear loader, roll off, and other vehicles, machines or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems. Discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Discusses maintenance issues, contracts and warranty work with vendors.
- Retrofits older trucks with new equipment.
- Provides oversight and responsible for organization of the yard and facilities at every location with in the division.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget.
- Will be responsible for approximately 150 trucks and 3 locations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
- Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division and district objectives
- Must be able to travel to locations with in the division.
- 7+ years management experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Waste industry experiencerequired.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and training staff a must.
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- CDL Class B with Air Brakes a plus
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.