We are looking to hire an Environmental Compliance Specialist to manage environmental programs and our special waste streams. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
- Review and understand all permits governing the landfill and work with Region Engineer and Landfill Managers to ensure compliance.
- Review and approve industrial and special waste profiles against applicable rules and regulations to protect the landfill and facility personnel.
- Maintain relationships with landfill employees as well as consultants, vendors, customers generating industrial waste.
- Be primary point of contact with the waste screening protection program.
- Support the outside sales team with customer service.
- Review all monitoring reports and environmental plans (eg SPCC, SWPPP, GHG, Groundwater & Title V).
- Assist in landfill environmental reviews/audits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Understanding of landfill gas systems and/or well field technology.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare reports at the state or local levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
- 8 or more years of practical environmental experience.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time (although less travel is anticipated).
- CHMM, CHMP or CHP certifications preferred.
- Some direct workexperiencein two or more of the following areas:
- waste/materials characterization
- environmental site assessments and remediation
- environmental audits