This role will be responsible for managing a team of approx. twenty-five to thirty Guidewire Professional Services consultants who lead and execute Insurance software product implementations. Some of the team will be remote. Customer success is at the heart of Guidewire Professional Services (PS) and your role is to support and grow the team members who support our customers. In this critical role, you will be responsible for the performance, reviews, coaching conversations, development, and sourcing training for your team members. You will work alongside 10+ other Consulting Managers (CMs) and will report to the America’s (AMER) Consulting Director (CD). Together, the team of CMs ensures Professional Services has the quality talent required for successful project delivery.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for line management of a group of functional and technical consultants along with business analysts and project/program managers
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure team members are receiving project mentoring
- Conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Build or source training Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) and work with your team member to ensure their skills are up-to-date and aligned with the future Product direction of Guidewire.is communicated to staff
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager. Work alongside the Resource Management Office (RMO) to position your team members on the best projects that balances between the team members career goals and the PS needs.
- Interview, make hiring recommendations and decisions, and Onboard new consultants. Included is ensuring the new hire has a successful transition into Guidewire PS.
- Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Manage performance issues and any team member issue with internal, customer, or partner conflicts to resolution
- Make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed
- Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Seeking an experienced pure (full-time) people manager from a consulting organization. The preferred fit is an individual who has managed approximately the same number of headcount as a Guidewire CM and preference given to those who have Insurance domain and/or Software domain experience.
- Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment a must. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people management capacity.
- Preference given to managers who have strong process skills and can help in maturing team members.
- Preference given to managers who have managed team members in cloud-based software delivery environments (SaaS, PaaS).
- Preference given to managers who have skills building synergies & efficiencies between acquisitions
- Experience managing skilled, remote and in-office, consulting teams is required
- Experience with delivering training programs such as Getting Things Done, Crucial Conversations, etc. is preferable.
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company P/L and functional objectives
- Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop Consulting staff
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment and in harmony with like-minded Consulting Managers
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of working with ESL team members.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field required