The Senior Project Architect is responsible for the leadership and technical execution of project design, building code, technical quality of project documentation.
This individual will:
- Plan and conduct work requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard construction components and systems to execute design intent
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of professional work in part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and ADA requirements
- Assist the Project Director in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for aspects of the project
- Coordinate the layout, design, drafting, and specifications produced by other architects and technicians who assist in specific assignments
- Mentor junior staff and assist in the development of future project architects
- Assist in establishing project design criteria, in consultation with the Project Director
- Keep informed of new developments and systems as they influence the individual’s particular field of architectural practice and design, through research, study, and consultation with outside consultants and professional societies
- Promote technologies and methodologies to create innovative approaches and improve technical quality of work product
- Work collaboratively in a cross discipline environment to produce integrated project documents and ensure integrated design approaches and solutions
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or closely related field
- At least 15years of experience, predominately in healthcare sector
- Must be a Registered Architect. Will consider experience in lieu of licensure.
- Thorough knowledge of architectural practice and code principles, including FGI Guidelines, NFPA and NYSDOH CON process.
- Ability to use CAD and/or BIM software
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead others and foster teamwork
- Ability to use good judgment and make timely decisions
- Knowledge of basic firm financial metrics related to project management
- Proactive management style
Req Number ARC-17-00028 .