• Prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town / city officials in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
• Lead the preparation of design deliverables for underground transmission lines including plan and profiles, ampacity calculations, pulling calculations, material selection, duct bank design, and construction specifications in compliance with safety, environmental and client standards and policies.
• Review and approve drawings and material lists developed by designers.
• Develop project estimates and schedules, evaluate design options and criteria for technical merit, and conduct field visits to verify routing conditions and parameters.
• Review drawings for manufacturers and use pertinent information in the production of design drawings.
• Knowledge of engineering economics, surveying, geographical information systems, electrical engineering, and environmental and legal regulations
• At least five-ten years’ experience in underground transmission line design
• Understanding of ANSI, ASTM & ASCE standards, IEC, ICEA, AEIC and NESC
• Proficiency in CYMCAP or ETAP and Pull-Planner
• Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (desired)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical or civil engineering from an accredited engineering institute
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
Requisition ID: 63324