The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a long term, client relationship building position, focusing on identifying and successfully pursuing profitable, repeatable projects with high value clients. The BDM role is for self-motivated, results oriented individuals who are adept at successfully applying internal Kiewit processes while devoting maximum effort to external client activities. This role requires flexibility in all aspects of the job and the ability to:
• Work compressed pursuit schedules
• Deal with ambiguity and remain focused on winning
• Communicate with varied personalities
• Positively represent Kiewit in a broad spectrum of situations
• Communicate successfully with varied Client levels and all levels within Kiewit
Identifying, qualifying and winning client projects is the primary role of the BDM
• Building industry relationships and lead the development of key messages for all client interactions, communications, prequalification, proposals and presentations.
• Utilize technical knowledge at industry events, to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders, and when offering clients the most innovative solutions.
• Lead presentations at industry events to promote Kiewit culture and brand.
• Finding, pursuing and winning profitable client assignments in the Power Delivery industry
• 60-70% Travel/Work away from Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. offices with clients or at industry events
• 20-30% Time in intense project pursuit/client response development at Kiewit or at Client site
• Adaptive interactive skills that maximize Kiewit value in dealing with varied personalities
• Resilience to move beyond “No” to a best result answer for Kiewit
• Self-motivation coupled with teaming skills
• Communicate schedules and major upcoming events to the Business Line Development team and motivate operational involvement toward successful client meetings, win strategies and capture plan execution.
• Participate in internal meetings to develop white papers, capture plans and Bid No Bid strategies/decisions.
• Attend district meetings and internal business development training courses to expand operational and Get Work knowledge.
• Conduct debrief meetings with clients, supply chain, project management and executives, determining causes for both missed and won work to formulate lessons learned and best practices.
• At least ten years’ experience developing business opportunities in the Power Delivery Engineering market
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
• Understanding of contract model and commercial terms
Requisition ID: 65985