Summary of Position (Job Purpose)
- Responsible for ensuring real property leased assets and liabilities for the enterprise are properly classified for reporting in the financial statements, ensuring adherence to FASB lease accounting standards, reporting, presentation, and disclosure requirements
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner, collaborate and coordinate with Lease Accounting and Lease Administration to ensure compliance with FASB lease accounting standards, to include identifying and addressing data and other requirements, reporting, etc.
- Lead the implementation of any changes that may be required to comply with updates to FASB lease accounting standards
- Establish updated processes and procedures, and coordinate and implement updates to lease data to support the newly issued Leasing Standards
- Create and maintain process and procedures and training guides related to lease accounting requirements as appropriate for the Lease Administration and Lease Accounting teams
- Evaluate proposed leasing transactions by conducting research and documenting outcomes to support proper accounting treatment
- Identify and evaluate trends, exceptions, irregularities, or larger wide-spread/systemic issues, determine underlying causes, communicate with management, and resolve issues or escalate to management, as deemed appropriate
- Manage audit and Sox Compliance review, analysis and testing. Prepare and deliver source data for regulatory and compliance reporting as required.
- Assist in the management of global projects, including, but not limited to implementation of new processes and/or technology initiatives
- Identify, suggest, evaluate, determine, and document potential process improvements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, or address identified issues and opportunities, to improve service, productivity and efficiency in collaboration with impacted teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting or finance.
- At least 2 years of experience with applicable accounting regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to assume initiative and work independently with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail, able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Background in the commercial real estate industry
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed
Auto Req ID