About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Principal Research Analyst - Downstream
The Principal Research Analyst functions as a core member of the team to produce quality analysis, reports, consulting deliverables, and client-facing events.
General Job Duties:
- Research crude oil and refined product production, demand, and trade data for various countries (primarily Canada and the US) to support supply/demand analysis and assist with forecasting.
- Transform data into clear and compelling insight.
- Produce quick-turnaround analysis and research for publications, consulting projects, and client presentations.
- Contribute to consulting projects as required, researching data, creating spreadsheets and graphics, performing analysis and seeking out peer review of materials to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond to research-related questions from clients by working in a highly collaborative fashion; requires learning the roles and expertise of others on research teams, seeking out help from other colleagues, become familiar with our research products and client request procedures.
- Gain knowledge and skills by actively contributing to the above listed activities, pursing activities/work in various disciplines, and staying abreast of current/hot topics.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in economics, engineering, or industry-related fields is required along with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in industry, government, or consulting. A graduate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with MS applications is required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases is helpful.
- Keen attention to detail and highly effective organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible and able to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with good problem-solving skills.