Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry’s Baltimore, Maryland, office is currently looking for a talented, progressive leader to assume the role of Business Unit Manager, providing operational and strategic leadership to a group of water/wastewater engineers and technicians and managing medium and large water/wastewater infrastructure and treatment projectsfor public sector utility clients (water and wastewater). The candidate will be responsible for developing business strategy, maintaining existing client relationships, developing new clients and business, and supervising department level water/wastewater staff in our Baltimore, MD office.
Successful candidate will be a civil engineer with a diverse background and extensive experience in developing and executing wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment projects and water distribution, storage and treatment projects.
With support from the enterprise, successful candidate will be capable of leading the business development activities, pursuing new clients and potential project leads, preparing price and technical proposals, and coordinating with other regional and national water/wastewater managers to jointly pursue water/wastewater projects in the Baltimore metropolitan region, as well as throughout the US. Additionally, the candidate will have access to corporate technical expertise and demonstrated utilization of technical expertise with their project team.
- Developing specific strategies for increasing the firm’s market share and expanding the geographic markets served.
- Leading efforts in identifying, tracking, positioning, and pursuing targeted Water clients and projects.
- Collaborating with Dewberry Practice and Business leaders in the development of regional strategies.
- Full operational responsibility for the Business Unit to include staffing, talent management, business performance, marketing and business development plans and execution, logistics; and the procurement process (qualifications statement, proposal, pricing and contracting processes), annual budgeting and periodic reporting.
- Working with the Practice Area Manager and the Water Service Line leadership to identify and develop new capabilities that would enhance the firm’s competitiveness and growth.
- Leveraging the assets and subject matter expertise (SME) from across the Enterprise and the Water Service Line to position and win clients and work.
- Increasing Dewberry’s visibility through active participation in the water industry state and local organizations.
- Participating in project work through service as Project Principal, Senior Consultant/Advisor, and/or Project Peer Reviewer.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering field is required, M.S. Degreepreferred.
- MD, VA, and DC Professional Engineering license is REQUIRED or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- 15+ years’ experience of increasing levels of project and client responsibilities for public sector water and wastewater projects.
- A minimum 10 years of progressive project management and technical staff supervisionexperience.
- A recognized area of technical expertise.
- A successful track record of building water/wastewater client relationships in the Baltimore, MD metropolitan market, particularly with high-profile regional clients.
- A successful track record of managing projects, including scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client retention and new business development skills. Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor junior and mid-level staff.
- Professional network and relationships with engineering teaming partners, constructioncontractors, specialty subcontractors and suppliers.
Job ID 5385