TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineers are highly engaged individuals that conceive and support introduction of innovative ideas for new terminals and connectors into the automotive industry. Responsibilities include interfacing with targeted customers through VOC, concept derivation from VOC as well as internal marketing and manufacturing input, and qualification and support through to successful release and introduction. R&D/Product Development Engineers facilitate all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. Candidate will be expected to derive/interpret specifications and other VOC, perform engineering analyses, develop preliminary sketches and coordinate with support operations such as design, manufacturing and testing.
Alternate location (to Winston-Salem, NC) of Harrisburg, PA will also be considered.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible professional level experiece
- Lesser years of experience will be accepted for concentrated, connector-specific automotive experience
- Work within a ‘simultaneous’ team environment to design and build robust product and processes, developing, commercializing and sustaining component to meet customer and market needs.
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality, and cost objectives.
- Develop solutions to complex problems which require high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Lead/oversee product qualification testing.
- Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained.
- Provide training and mentorship to other professional employees.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Decision Quality
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Peer Relationships
- Learning on the Fly